Tourit Reusable Ice Pack$13.99
- Does an excellent job of keeping food/drinks cold. Easily lasts from when I leave the house until lunch time.
- Durability and quality control seems to be much better with these than other ice packs
- Similar to the quality bullet, but...these haven't leaked at all! And less "sweating" than other types.
- Good size for most cooler bags. I typically use two while the other two in the set re-freeze.
- Great price and value.
- Less surface area than flatter models, which does impact cooling to a small degree
- I have no clue what exactly the blue liquid is. The product listing just says "gel"...it would be nice to know what it is.
I have been taking my lunch to work for quite some time now, but bizarrely, for much of that time I hadn’t been using anything to keep things cool. Basically, I was carrying what became room temperature food and drink in a generic laptop bag. I finally purchased an insulated lunch bag, but along with that, I had to figure out a reusable cold pack. I started with a different product, but found most of my ice packs eventually leaked and I had to throw them away. I’m glad to report, I’ve finally found the perfect reusable ice pack for a cooler/lunch bag!
This set of four ice packs (really more like ice bars because they are long and thin) from Tourit comes pre-filled unlike the Cooler Shock version I tried previously. They are quite tightly sealed, and I’ve experienced absolutely no leaking, which was a key point in my search this time around. They also don’t sweat/condensate much at all, which is nice. They cool well enough, keeping my sandwich, drinks, and whatever else I take for lunch nice and cold for at least 5-6 hours. The size is great for wedging two of them into my 10 x 7 x 8 inch lunch bag, and I could fit more if I felt like it was needed. But I really don’t feel like more than two are needed, and I find alternating two each day while the other two stay in the freezer to be a nice rotation. The price is also quite nice for the 4 pack – right around $14-15, which feels like a good spot. I’m actually considering buying more of these just to have on hand because they seem to be such high quality. For those who are aesthetically minded, they also come in different colors aside from the blue that I purchased.
If there are any negatives, you could say the shape isn’t ideal for surface cooling area. A flatter, more broad cooling pack would have more surface area and might be slightly more effective. Despite their poor durability, the Cooler Shock packs did seem to cool slightly better because of their shape. But again, the Tourit packs do keep things cool as well, so this really isn’t such a big deal.
- Slim, Convenient and Long Lasting Ice Packs: Set of 4 slim, reusable and versatile hard gel long stripice packs. Each ice pack measures 8.75 x 1.5 x 1.25 inches. Keep your insulated cooler bag/backpack freezer-cold for longer!
- Long-lasting Gel: The powerful gel filled ice pack retains coldness much longer than ordinary water injected ice packs. They stay cool for many hours and keep your food fresh and your body fit.
- Instructions: Before using, put Ice packs in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator at least 8 hours until it is completely frozen. Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight, perfect chillers for everyday use.
- Unique Design Reusable Ice Pack: Unique long strip design ice packs. Lightweight and portable design saves more space for your cooler/lunch bag. Perfect for any occasion – lunch bags, cooler backpacks, breastmilk bags, work or for outdoor camping.
- Chilled Food – Even Without the Fridge: These ice packs will keep your food and drinks chilled when you don’t have access to a refrigerator.
|Package Dimensions||8.86 x 6.3 x 1.14 inches|
|Item Weight||1.94 pounds|