Mission Brand Ratchet Belt$36.95
- The comfort and fit are absolutely perfect. The ratchet action allows for any fine tuning needed, far beyond regular belts
- The position of the button allows for discrete, easy adjustment (like after a big meal) (
- The material looks nice and seems to be high quality
- The ability to remove the buckle and trim the belt takes some of the difficulties away from guessing at size. Just buy larger and trim yourself
- The belt is slightly more narrow than advertised. Not much, but you can tell when next to another belt that supposed to be the same width
- The price is fairly high compared to other ratchet belts online. But the quality may make it worth the higher price
Every once in a while, you just happen to stumble onto some new knowledge that makes a huge impact on your day-to-day life. Finding out about ratchet belts was one of those “lightbulb on” moments for me. I’ve long struggled with belts and sizing, even going as far as buying a leather punch to add intermediate holes to older belts. One day, my brother-in-law happened to mention his discovery of Mission Belt’s ratchet system. I did some browsing, finding a previously unknown world of ratchet belts online. I decided, based on his personal recommendation, to give Mission Belt a try.
No hyperbole here in saying, this was a game-changer for me. I love that the ratcheting gives me very slight increments to choose from, so as I eat more or less, and workout more or less, I can make it work regardless with my clothes. I also am a big fan of the position of the button that allows you to adjust. It sits so that you can fairly easily and discretely adjust your position. So, if I have a huge meal at lunch, I can just pop over a notch or two without unlooping or anything else noticeable. It’s really great, and I’ve already decided to expand to both a canvass and leather Mission Belt.
There are a couple of minor downsides; the price is much higher than competitors. But sometimes, you really do get what you pay for. So far, I’ve got no issues with the quality of the belt, so perhaps the value is there. The belt is also ever so slightly more narrow vertically than advertised. I don’t really notice this unless I hold up another similarly sized belt. Not really a big deal to me, but I have read other reviews that complain about this.
- High-Quality Canvas – 1.5″ wide with no needless holes to crack or wear out
- Materials: 40mm Buckle & 1.5″ Canvas Strap
- Removable Buckle – Handy for going through airport security, swapping buckles, and allows you to cut leather down to a smaller size if necessary
- Buy a Belt, Feed a Family – A DOLLAR from every belt goes to fight global hunger – Thanks for being a part of The Mission!
- Warning: May Cause Delusions of Grandeur – You will still need to keep your day job and pay your taxes, even though you won’t feel like it
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : July 11, 2017
- ASIN : B0741DQSHG
– NO HOLES No worries of stretched-out, embarrassing holes ever again.
– PERFECT FIT Mission Belts adjust every 1/4″ unlike traditional belts that only have holes every 1”.
– NO CRACKS Because the belt has no holes, it is less likely to crack under stress. And if you wear a Mission Belt you won’t show your crack. Say goodbye to accidental moons.
– ALWAYS FITS Even when you lose or gain a few pounds Mission Belts adjust with you for the most comfortable fit. So after that big holiday meal just loosen your belt a few clicks for quick and easy comfort.
– EASY ON, EASY OFF The quick-release lever on a Mission Belt is intuitive and smooth, you’ll love the convenience for everyday use. Plus in those times like going through airport security or when you just need to make like a race horse, you’ll love how easy it is to use our belts.
– INTERCHANGEABLE Mix and Match buckles and belts straps that come in Leather, Canvas, Nylon, and Italian Leather to make your own unique combinations. We offer 2 different widths of belts (35mm & 40mm) so just remember that in order to interchange the buckles and leathers, they need to be the same width (35mm buckles won’t fit 40mm leathers).
– FEEL GOOD Know that you are in the fight against global poverty and hunger. One dollar from every belt sold goes to feed a family in need through KIVA.
Why Choose A Mission Belt?
Standard belts are made in standard lengths with holes 1 inch apart resulting in belts that are sometimes too long, too tight, or too loose. But we all need different sizes that aren’t normally 1 inch apart! Mission Belt has revolutionized the belt by removing those standard fixed buckles and holes. Our belts use a ratcheting system to allow you to customize your perfect fit by making 1/4 inch micro adjustments and we paired it with easy-to-use, stylish buckles to lock your belt in place and a quick release lever. It’s time to throw away those old saggy belts and start fresh with a perfectly fitting Mission Belt.