Lamicall Flexible Arm Smartphone Mount$24.99
- The flexible arm is very stiff and holds its position very well. The trade-off of course is the arm can be difficult to adjust, but the stability is worth it in my opinion
- The grip does a good job holding onto my smartphone
- The adjustable base seems to grip tables/anchoring surfaces well
- So far, the arm has not lost any of its stability
- The entire unit is fairly heavy, which can be a problem if it's clipped to something less stable (like a tripod)
- Although the smartphone grip holds well and is adaptable to different sizes, it covers most of the device, so you have to remove the phone to access buttons or the screen
As I’ve mentioned in a few other reviews, my primary hobby is drawing colored pencil portraits. For years, I shared still images looped together as .gif files to show drawing progressions. Eventually, I decided to get with the times and created a YouTube channel to share these progressions through video instead. Figuring out how to capture artwork video has been a learning process; at the start, I purchased a fairly basic smartphone tripod which I reviewed previously. It worked well, but wasn’t designed for any sort of overhead view.
My thought was to find a larger flexible arm tripod, but my searches eventually led me to this flexible arm “gooseneck” smartphone holder. For me, it wasn’t a completely self-contained solution. Some desk situations might work just fine, but I found myself needing to clamp this flexible arm directly onto my previously purchased tripod to get the right overhead angle. It works pretty well, but isn’t extremely stable due to how heavy the flexible arm contraption is (it actually weighs more than the larger tripod).
The device itself is extremely stable, which appears to be by design. Based on reading reviews from other similar products, it seems a common complaint with these flexible arm smartphone holders is that they aren’t stable enough. You can bend the arm into position, but some products don’t hold in place well. Or that ability degrades over time. This one made by Lamicall though doesn’t appear to have that problem. The flexible arm is almost surprisingly stiff; you really have to put some muscle into it to bend the thing into the position you want. There’s a trade off of malleability to stability, and this product leans heavily towards that stability side. That’s a good thing in my opinion.
All-in-all, it’s a very good product and I’m happy with the purchase. I wish either this thing was a bit lighter, or the tripod I bought was a bit heavier. But I recognize the heaviness is probably part of that strength and stability thing Lamicall was going with here. It’s helped quite a bit in filming these drawing videos.
|Package Dimensions||12.52 x 7.4 x 2.44 inches|
|Item Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Item model number||LS05-CA-B|
- Upgraded Version. Based on the pain points of similar products “Very shaky. Sag slowly after a period and can’t keep a position for your phone anymore”, the arm of our gooseneck phone holder for bed adopts better materials and design. It has improvements in both stability and durability. Note: the long arm is not a super flexible type, which aims to add stability.
- Multipurpose Phone Holder. The gooseneck phone clamp mount is designed to: watch Netflix handsfree while lying in bed or sofa at home, use facetime with families when clipped on the desk, read recipes in the kitchen, taking selfies. And it also can be an overhead phone holder for video recording.
- Easy to Install. Featuring the adjustable clamp base varying from 0 to 2.36 inches (6cm), the cell phone clip holder can be securely mounted on the bed frame, bedside, headboard, nightstand, desk, end table and kitchen counter etc. A non-slip silicone base won’t scratch the surface of your furniture.
- Stable and Durable. As for the 33.4 inches (85cm) bendable lazy long snake arm, high- quality Aluminum-magnesium alloy solid core makes the lazy arm sturdy enough to hold his phone firmly, yet flexible to bend in any direction to accommodate your view. It will be a lifesaver for protecting you from neck pain.
- Support 4-7” Smartphones. The 360-degree phone lazy bracket is compatible with 4-7” devices, namely almost all cell phones, like iPhone 12 Mini 11 Pro XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6S Plus 6S 6 SE, Galaxy S10e S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 Edge Note 9 8, LG, Moto, Google Pixel, Moto etc.