Hanes Men's Sweatpants$13.50
- Very comfortable. They are my go-to lounging around the house pants now.
- Great fit. They don't fall down or have any material clumping issues.
- They look fine, basically as sweatpants should.
- The price is good. Not the absolute cheapest I found, but pretty close.
- Pockets are not very deep. I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying stuff around outside the house.
- The durability isn't great; probably some "you get what you pay for" in play here.
Recently, I decided to start sharing clothing reviews on on this site in addition to the game, gadgets, and other items. As with the other items, I think I have a unique perspective I can provide, as someone who sometimes struggles to find a good fit. Given all the staying at home we’re doing, I couldn’t think of a better first clothing review than a nice pair of sweat pants!
My number one criteria during my sweatpants search a couple months ago was comfort. Along those comfort lines, I also needed something that fit nicely and didn’t fall down all the time. Comfort and fit are sort of different flavors of the same food; if it fits well and you don’t have to mess with it to get settled, then you’re naturally more comfortable. These Hanes sweatpants knock that aspect out of the park. I can wear them around the house and not ever think about them, which is what the sweatpants experience should be.
In terms of sizing, for context I’m about 6’3″ 215 lbs with long limbs, sort of a lanky/rangy, not-fat-but-not-exactly-thin build. I bought three pairs of XL sweatpants, one black and two gray. They all fit and looked the same; long enough to get to the bottom of my ankle, waist just about perfect. There is a cuff on the bottom, but it’s a fairly loose one. There are no weird quirks about the fit, like persistent wedgies or uncomfortable bunching up.
There are a few negatives I have to mention though. First off, they are cheap sweatpants, so don’t go into it expecting fine craftsmanship. One of the three pairs had a hole in a pocket within a month or so. I don’t really expect them to last forever. Also, the pockets aren’t very deep. My phone does stay in the pocket…but not confidently, as it feels like it doesn’t want to when I’m crouching or bending. It’s fine when I’m at home, but I wouldn’t want to carry around keys and a phone while out in the world.
I bought these from Amazon, but Hanes is obviously a big brand, so I think you can probably find these sweatpants at most retailers.
- 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
- Pull On closure
- Machine Wash
- Midweight, 50% cotton/50% polyester fleece provides warmth without the weight
- Made with up to 5% polyester from recycled plastic bottles
- 2.75″ cuffs at bottom leg opening
- Waistband with adjustable outside drawcord
- Handy side pockets and back pocket
- Product Dimensions : 13 x 8 x 1 inches
- Item model number : O8389
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : September 18, 2018
- Manufacturer : Hanes
- ASIN : B07TTDKNM1