Crown Shades 10x10 Pop Up Canopy$152.99
- Setting up the tent is incredibly simple. The first time takes a few extra minutes to attach the cover, but subsequent uses literally take about 5 minutes and can be done by one person.
- It's quite portable with wheels on the bottom. We had no issues wheeling from the car to the beach
- Material quality is excellent. No damage or wear from use yet
- Value is strong compared to the cost of renting covers or umbrellas at the beach
- The price is somewhat high. But not much of a con, because the alternatives can add up.
- I managed to bend one of the metal stakes somehow. Not a huge deal, but I was surprised
We recently took a trip to the beach and wanted to find a portable canopy or shade we could take with us. We initially considered either getting beach umbrellas, or possibly renting something. But we had about seven people in our group, so I figured it would be a more cost effective solution to purchase our own pop-up canopy. Since renting things at a beach can cost like $25-35 per day, it seemed like this would just about pay for itself over the course of the entire trip.
The key features I had in mind were 1) ease of setup and 2) portability. Ideally, this would be something that could be rolled like a suitcase and could be set up by one person. I came across this pop-up canopy by Crown Shades, which advertises itself as a one person setup. By default, I’m a bit skeptical about such claims, but it was absolutely true in this case! The first setup took a bit longer, as I had to attach the cover to the base. But subsequent uses literally took about five minutes to complete, and I could easily do it myself. Basically, you just leave the cover attached when putting back in the case. When you’re ready to use again, you just pull the canopy out, expand it, then crawl underneath and push upward on the middle. Using enough force to lift it off the ground, the canopy just pops open and locks into place. Very simple! Afterward, for the beach, we found it wise to also use the metal stakes that come with it due to wind gusts.
The canopy is also surprisingly portable. It’s somewhat heavy, which really can’t be avoided since you don’t want it to be destroyed by the wind. But once it’s folded back into the case, it really doesn’t take up a ton of room. And we had no issues rolling it from the car to the beach each day. In it’s travel form, it’s a bit smaller than one of those collapsible baby beds (for those out there with kids), or similar a suitcase if cut in half lengthwise. Once expanded, we found the 10×10 size to be just perfect for our group of seven. Lots of room for folks to be in the shade, along with our various backpacks, coolers, and so forth.
The quality of materials seems really great as well. We’ve used it for one beach trip and some backyard use (including a rainstorm), it’s held up quite well. No damage, rips, or any other indications of problems. Although it is somewhat expensive, this was a fantastic purchase! And, as I mentioned, ultimately was probably about the same as we could have spent renting umbrellas.
|Style||One Touch Instant Canopy|
|Product Dimensions||120 x 120 x 112 inches; 35.55 Pounds|
|Water Resistance Level||Water Resistant|
|Ultraviolet Light Protection||95%|
- Easiest set up with one push center lock technology – Features PATENTED central hub that locks out all four legs with a single push. This efficient design of pop up canopy allows two persons Setup-in-Seconds and One in minutes easily and smoothly.
- 10×10 canopy straight-leg design provides a real 100 sq. ft. of cooling instant shelter for up to 6 people seated comfortably. And the nylon feet of pinch free adjustable legs protect your patio and deck surfaces no matter where you set the tent canopy.
- Super strong double truss one piece frame with M5 hardened through-bolt comes completely assembled provides a stable shade and shelter wherever you need it. And this 10×10 canopy supports more than 120lb with heavy duty 5mm high grade resist corrosion steel.
- Stay relax and safe from the sun’s damaging rays under the UPF 50+ UV protected outside canopy top, made of rugged 150D silver coat fabric, also flame resistant and water repellent.2 Grommets located on each side edge to ensure water drainage and to prevent pooling.
- Roller bag bonus come with this pop up canopy-Storage bag features fast rolling heavy duty wheels, and webbing handles for lifting or rolling. With 48”x6.69”x6.69” dimensions, this bag easily fits in most vehicles. Specialized pocket to hold included stakes and guy ropes.ATTENTION: This canopy product is designed primarily for seasonal shade and to offer protection from damage caused by the sun, light rain, tree sap, and bird excrement.