Diversion Book Safe with Combination Lock$11.99
- The price is very good, quality is solid for the money. Overall, probably as good as it could be at this price point
- Combination dial works well and is easy to program
- Decent amount of room inside
- Taping a real book cover seems to be a good alternative to the standard one
- Because it's so light and portable, if someone finds it they can easily walk away with it
- It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to break open. I wouldn't expect differently at such a good price, but it's still something to consider
- I find that I don't use it much as a safe because a larger, more durable option always wins out for valuables
I had this combination lock book safe on my Amazon Wish List for a long time; it’s one of those things that I don’t really need, but still thought was sort of cool. Pretty standard “gadget” type interest for me. My wife bought me one last Christmas, so I finally had a chance to try it out. The verdict is: It’s fine. Not amazing, but it works and seems a good value for the money.
My version of this book safe is by Kyodoled or Jssmst (not actually sure which), but there are a bunch of brands of basically the exact same item on Amazon. The code is easy to set and the lock portion seems to work well. I got a “Paris” branded book, but I ended up taping another real book cover onto it. It didn’t quite fit, so I’ll need to find another slightly larger cover to use. It’s not huge inside, but if you wanted to stash a bit of money, a watch, and a couple other small items, that would work.
So, if it’s functional, why am I not more enthusiastic about it? Well, because I still don’t store anything valuable in it. First, just by virtue of it being a small, light safe, it would be easy for a thief to just walk off with it. My Barska safe could still be walked off with, but it’s pretty dang heavy so it’d be harder. Second, the book safe feels like it would be easy to break open. I haven’t tried, but it doesn’t feel strong. Of course, I don’t expect it to be for something that’s $12 – that would be ridiculous. But I just don’t really use this much, so that naturally impacts my impression of it.
If you don’t have a safe and want to get something inexpensive and easily concealable, this is a great option. If you already have a good quality safe? You may not get much use out of it.
As I said, there are quite a few options for book safes out there. Honestly, I don’t see a ton of difference between them. Most are pretty well-reviewed.
- VARIOUS OPTIONS AVAILABLE: 7 different designs for your choice
- EXTERIOR DIMENTION: 9.5 x 6.2 x 2.2 inches INSIDE STORAGE AREA MEASURES: 9.2 x 5.7 x 1.6 inches
- EASY TO LOCK AND OPEN: Don’t worry about losing keys. If you’re not sure about setting up password or forget the password, please contact Jssmst friendly support team for quick solutions
- WHAT YOU GET:Jssmst dictionary diversion book safe, welcome guide, 30-day money back guaranteed, 18-month warranty, 24-hour friendly customer support
Jssmst is a professional safe box manufacturer for more than 24 years and brand owner targeted at US customers. Our main products are mailbox, security safe, gun safe, book safe, cash box, medicine box, gun box, and other safe boxes. All series of our products have passed the tests from SGS.
- High Quality
Jssmst Safe Lock Box is built using only the high-grade components, durable materials ensure reliability and safety.
- 100% Satisfied Free User Support
Every purchase includes our 18-month easy return and lifetime technical support. If you have any questions, our friendly customer support team will be more than happy to help out.