Biometric Safe by BARSKA$228.07
- I've been using it for a decade, so it's held up really well. Great marks for durability
- All safes are expensive, but the value here comes from the apparent longevity
- Haven't had any recognition issues after extensive positive and negative testing/use
- Similar Viking brand safe apparently has better quality metal, according to reviews
I’ve been using this safe for just about 10 years now and have been quite happy with it. It’s not a huge safe, but plenty of room for some documents, a few small valuables, and two handguns. I was able to easily program a couple of my fingers and my wife’s for access; we’ve had no issues getting it open. We also tested with one of our kids trying to open it, they were not able to. We’ve literally never cleaned the finger sensor, so it’s good to know that years of finger residue didn’t allow unauthorized access.
The biometric sensor is very responsive, almost always requires one attempt to get it open. I wanted a quick-access safe in case of an intruder and this seems to fill that need. It might be nice to have a spinning dial on there too, but that’s not a deal-breaker for me.
There are a couple of factors that might weigh negatively for some people, though. The beep is fairly loud when you access the safe, if you’re worried about alerting a possible intruder. I’m okay with the beeping. If a hypothetical intruder is smart maybe they’d realize, “uh oh, someone just opened a safe, time to leave.” Also, if you leave it open for more than a couple of minutes, the safe starts beeping which is nice.
- Secure Storage: Our DOJ approved safe comes with a 120 fingerprint biometric module that is easy to program.
- The Optional Silent Mode: Safe features a silent mode that enables stealthy home defense.
- Solid Construction: This safe is built with durable steel, tamper-resistant edges, and 2 built-in pry-resistant steel deadbolts.
- Mounting: Pre-drilled holes and hardware allow the safe to anchor in practically any place.
- Mortorized Deadbolts: Safe comes with 2 solid steal motorized Deadbolts
Featuring advanced BioSecure Technology, the compact and user-friendly Biometric Fingerprint Lock promises security that responds with just a touch.
Secure important documents, prescription medicine, valuable assets, and protective firearms behind solid steel construction. With reliable, 2.5-second scans, you can lock out young kids and unwanted users, while enjoying instant access for daily routines, home defense, and emergencies.
Make every day safer with Barska’s quick access gun safe.
- Advanced Biometric Protection
- Solid Steel Construction
- 2 Steel locking bolts
- Hinged Hopper Deposit Slot
- Protective Floor Mat
2 Thoughts to “BARSKA Biometric Safe”
[…] virtue of it being a small, light safe, it would be easy for a thief to just walk off with it. My Barska safe could still be walked off with, but it’s pretty dang heavy so it’d be harder. Second, […]
Just a word of warning on these safes. Definitely pay attention to when the battery is getting low. There’s no status indicator, but the lock opening will have a very distinctive sluggish sound for months as warning. It takes four AA batteries, which apparently last about 10 years. But the battery panel is only accessible on the inside of the door.
If you’re like me and let it die, you can get an emergency charger thing for about $15 on Amazon. Here’s a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XSW6NLZ/