Amazon Brand Buttoned Down Men's Classic Fit Button Collar Dress Shirt$28.20
- The price on some items! It varies wildly and changes often, but some shirts are as low as $6. That's an insane value for the quality of the shirt.
- The fit is generally quite good.
- Top button placement is just right, folding up sleeves lands in the right place.
- Aside from a lost button and a return, the shirts have gone through a lot of use, wear, and washing and maintained their fit and color well.
- One shirt was noticeably smaller in the same size.
- Another shirt lost a button after the first wash.
- If you love a certain color or pattern, there's a chance that the price is much higher. It's impossible to predict which styles will have reduced prices.
Months ago, I was in the market to stock up on dress shirts. First, I searched around for my usual go-to dress shirt brands Croft & Barrow, J Crew, and Van Heusen. I bounced to the usual retailer sites, but couldn’t really find any good deals. Eventually, I found myself on Amazon browsing through what was on offer there. I came across Amazon’s “Buttoned Down” brand of dress clothes, and was immediately drawn in by the massive selection, size variety, and bizarrely sporadic prices.
My preferred dress shirt size, 16.5 neck 36/37 sleeve length, can be somewhat difficult to find at times. The brands I mentioned in the opening offer that size, which is one of the key factors that made them “go-to” for me in the first place. For context, I’m about 6’3″ 215 lbs with long limbs, sort of a lanky/rangy, not-fat-but-not-exactly-thin build. It’s those long arms that make sizing difficult for really any long-sleeve garment.
Anyhow, I ended up looking through most of the listings in my size in the Buttoned Down brand section on Amazon. Interestingly enough, the price range on these shirt is massive! I saw dress shirts for as low as $6, going up to around $40. I ended up buying five or six shirts that were on the lower end of the price scale. Amazingly, these are pretty high quality shirts! I’ve looked at the listings periodically, that pricing was not a fluke. The prices do fluctuate, but I can almost always find a shirt that’s shockingly inexpensive.
So, what about the shirts themselves? As I mentioned, I bought quite a few of various colors, all button collar. They are really great shirts made out of solid material, and I wear them often now. The fit is mostly true to size, but I did have one shirt in the bunch that was significantly tighter that I ended up sending back. I also had another shirt that lost a button after the first wash. Top button placement is perfect for wearing with one unbuttoned, and looks exactly as the product images do on the model.
All-in-all, this is a great shirt made even better by how low the price gets. Amazon already dominates the retail market, I guess they’re trying to complete the takeover with their own clothing brands. Who can stop them if what they offer is this good?
In terms of availability, I’m pretty sure that since this is an Amazon brand of clothing, you can only buy it on Amazon.
- 100% Supima Cotton
- Machine Wash
- Long-sleeve check pattern non-iron dress shirt featuring pocket at chest, offered in variety of collar types
- Luxury Supima cotton with a lightweight finish; straight back yoke with center box pleat
- Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with your Buttoned Down shirt at any time, we are happy to give you a full refund
- Classic Fit: updated take on a classic silhouette with relaxed Fit across the shoulders, chest, armhole, and sleeves with a shaped waist. Classic Fit is similar to a Relaxed or Regular Fit
- Supima Cotton is a luxury fiber grown in the United States characterized by extra-long staple fibers which produce fabrics that are softer, smoother, stronger and brighter. These features are enhanced with wash and wear over the life of the garment
- An Amazon brand – Classic Fit: updated take on a classic silhouette with relaxed Fit across the shoulders, chest, armhole, and sleeves with a shaped waist. Classic Fit is similar to a Relaxed or Regular Fit. The versatile length is perfect for all occasions, so you can tuck it in for the office or wear it untucked for a casual weekend party. Find your perfect Fit with 72 sizes, including Big & Tall. Long-sleeve gingham pattern dress shirt featuring pocket at chest, offered in variety of collar types
- Item model number : MBD30001
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : November 25, 2020
- Manufacturer : Buttoned Down
- ASIN : B08P565SXK